When we talk about “personal data” in this policy, we mean any information which could be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly, for example in combination with any other information we may hold about you.
Personal data collected by Spruce Pools.We may collect and use the following categories of personal data about you:
(1) Personal data you share with usWhen you sign up to our mailing lists, we may ask for (one or more of) your name, email address, address and telephone number.
(2) Personal data we collect about youWe collect some personal data, as well as other information in the form of anonymous or aggregate statistics, when you use our Website. We may collect:
We collect some of this information using cookies. You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on “Cookies”.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sourcesWhen you interact with us, or use any of our pages on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and so on, we may collect information about you which could include personal data. For example, when you “Like” a post on our Facebook page, or “Follow” us on Twitter. Those social media sites will also have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use those social media sites, to make sure that you are happy with them.
Reasons for collecting personal data(1) Personal data you share with usWe use the personal data you share with us to:• send you information on services and products we think you might be interested in based on your location and area of expertise;• send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms.
(2) Personal data we collect about youWe use the personal data we collect about you to:• tailor certain emails and also show you certain products or offers which we think you may be interested in; and• analyse how our Website is used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer.
Not all of the information used for these purposes is “personal data”; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
(3) Personal data we receive from other sourcesWe use the personal data we receive from other sources to develop an understanding of what people think about our services, so that we can constantly improve them.
Sharing of personal dataWe may share your personal data with the following third parties:
• service providers who help us to operate our Website, fulfil your business requirements and deliver our services to you; for example, credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, and so on; and• certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, if we need or are requested to.
We may also share personal data collected about you with social media channels, advertising networks and other third parties who help us to understand how our Website is being used, how well our advertising works, how we can improve, to provide ad measurement services and to target advertising (and in some cases we may allow those third parties to collect and receive data themselves for these purposes, which they may also collect from elsewhere on the internet and other apps). This information is collected using cookies and other similar technologies. You can find more information on what cookies and technologies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on “Cookies”.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that.
Receiving contact from Spruce Pools & changing contact preferencesFrom time to time, we may send you e-mails relating to Spruce Pools services which we think you might like or which will be beneficial for your own business and work.
We will only send you e-mails with information in relation to, editorials and new additions to the Spruce Pools business if you have agreed that we can (sometimes referred to as an “opt-in”).
We will also only share your personal data with third parties for them to send you marketing e-mails, if you have agreed that we can.
In any case, you can ask us to stop contacting you at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1722 323895.
Use of personal data by Spruce PoolsThe personal data that we collect about you may be transferred to, accessed, used or stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), either by us or by any of the third parties that we share your personal data with.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, access and use of your personal data outside the EEA.
Security of personal dataWe care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet.
We ask you not to share your passwords with anyone.Personal data and your rightsYou have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you.
If you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 1722 323895.
You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on “Cookies”.